Jordbruksverkets startsida

Import from non-listed countries outside EU

Countries outside EU which do not have a control system for rabies are called non-listed countries outside EU. The risk that animals are infected with rabies is greater in these countries, and the requirements concerning rabies protection are therefore stricter upon import from these countries. To the right is a link to a site where you can see the different groups and lists of countries. The requirements for bringing a dog, cat or ferret to Sweden from a non-listed country outside EU are described below.


Vaccination against rabies

Rabies antibody titre test

Returning with pet passport

Animals without a passport must wait 90 days until they can have a veterinary certificate

Two different veterinary certificates

Certificate for up to five pets

Examination and certificate for pets in groups of six or more animals

Examination and certificate for trade and freight animals

Entering from outside EU directly to Sweden

Entry points: Stockholm/Arlanda and Gothenburg/Landvetter

Border inspection control of trade animals and groups of more than five pets

Customs control of pet animals

Entry via another EU country

Dogs that stay permanently must be registered

Last updated: 2014-11-07